This charming 1908 Cottage
was fully stripped to the studs to make ready for a complete and total renovation! Your chance to live in a modernized, energy efficient classic!
First, the house was fully re-engineered to bring every structural element up to the newest building codes. The entire roof was removed, re-sheathed, felted and heavy-duty Architectural 50-year composition shingles installed.
All new vinyl-framed windows with double-paned Low "E" glass were put in place.
The house envelope was fully insulated with R15 in the walls, doubled R10 and R19 in the basement and R44 in the attic. For sound deadening we put R30 between the basement and the first floor and in the first floor ceiling.
The entire house was wrapped in premium house wrap and covered with fiber cement-based HardiePlank lap siding with all new window, door amd corner trim molding.
The all new gutter and downspout system is designed to dispose of roofwater on-site and to help water the landscaping.
Every light fixture, inside and out, is 100% LED.
Either the light fixture itself or the bulbs inside of them. According to their manufacturer, these bulbs have 25 year lifespans!Their average wattage savings over conventional bulbs is between 80-90%.
This means the average family could save $50-70 per month or $600-800 per year!
All of the building systems have been replaced, with new wiring all the way from the powerpole to each and every outlet and switch in the house. The same with the Water supply, the HVAC system with 95+ furnace and Central Air with programmable thermostat.
- Gourmet Cooks Kitchen with Granite Counters and all Stainlelss Appliances
- Side-by-Side Fridge w/water and ice in the door
- 30 bottle Wine Cooler
- Double Oven
- Gas Cook top with glass designer Range Hood
- Combo Convection/Microwave built in
- Wired for Cable, phone and internet throughout
- Solid hand-scraped Bamboo flooring
- Solid-core interior doors
- Travertine floors in all Baths with Granite and Marble over new Vanities
- High quality fixtures, faucets and shower doors
- Closet Organizers
- 36"-wide stairs to all levels
- Steel-reinforced Front, Side and Basement Entry doors
- New garage with opener
- Fully Landscaped
- 100's of plants, trees, grasses and ornamental shrubs
- Fully Fenced yard with lockable front gate
- Large front porch re-built from the ground up